30 APRIL - 08 May | KEEPING YOU INFORMED: RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS BY THE ROYAL GOVERNMENT
- 08 May, 2020
- Posted by: EuroCham Cambodia
With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve everyday in Cambodia, EuroCham will be regularly disseminating the official announcements from the Royal Government to ensure our network is updated as efficiently as possible.
Due to the significant number of incoming announcements, we are unable to translate these in full so please refer to our summaries below and the attached official notices in Khmer.
Official Announcements: 30 April - 08 May
(English summaries provided by EuroCham Cambodia, subject to corrections by relevant authorities)
1. Ministry of Economy and Finance Press Release on the Special Meeting of the Economic and Financial Policy Committee with the Private Sector
On 30 April, the Ministry of Economy and Finance issued a press release on the special meeting of the Economic and Financial Policy Committee with private sector in the context of COVID-19.
During the meeting, the private sector informed the Committee about the current situation and challenges experienced by businesses and proposed some actions to support the economic recovery and promotion of economic growth. Following this, the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy and Finance highlighted that the Royal Government would consider these inputs to prepare a series of intervention packages to recover and promote the Cambodian economy.
2. General Department of Customs and Excise Letter on Lifting the Temporary Restriction on Exports of Masks
On 04 May, the General Department of Customs and Excise (GDCE) issued letter No. 1065/20 to the directors of departments, branches, and bureaus of customs and excise to inform that the General Department has lifted the temporary restriction which mandated that exports of all kinds of masks shall require export permits from the Ministry of Health. This decision is based on the current situation and that the Royal Government can guarantee the stock of masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19 inside the country.
Directors shall effectively implement the above decision from the date of signature (04 May 2020) until further notice.
3. Ministry of Post and Telecommunication Announcement on Meetings and Incoming Documents
On 07 May, The Ministry of Post and Telecommunications (MPTC) informed all senior officers and officers, telecom operators and private entities of the following:
- All meetings, except official on-site missions, between senior officers and officers of MPTC with private telecom operators or any relevant sectors shall take place within the premises of MPTC;
- All incoming documents into MPTC shall be submitted to and processed through the Administrative Department of General Department of Administration.
4. Ministry of Commerce Notification on Updating the Online System for Certificate of Origin Form D
On 07 May, the Ministry of Commerce issued notification no. 1632 to notify producers and exporters of goods to the ASEAN market that the Department of Import and Export will update the online system for Certificate of Origin Form D (CO Form D) from 01 June 2020. The specific parts of the system to be updated are stated in this notification and are to follow ASEAN Single Window regulations.
5. Ministry of Commerce Notification on the Retail Price of Fuel
On 04 May, the Ministry of Commerce issued notification No. 1596 to notify that the Prime Minister decided to decrease fuel prices by 04 cents (Dollar) per litre with the support of fuel companies in Cambodia to ease the economic impact on the livelihood of citizens.
The new fuel prices will be implemented from 01 until 15 May 2020. The price of regular EA92 gasoline has decreased to 2250 Riels per litre and the price of diesel has decreased to 2150 Riels per litre.
The Ministry of Commerce does not determine fuel prices in Cambodia and only monitors price fluctuation in the international market and calculate following Prakas, in this regard, the public should be informed accordingly, and all fuel stations should operate, as necessary.