GDCE Announcement No. 0890-089: Strengthening effectiveness in controlling registered goods with monopoly
- 18 April, 2018
- Posted by: EuroCham Cambodia
To All Directors of Departments, Branches, and Offices of Customs and Excise
Subject: Strengthening effectiveness in controlling registered goods with monopoly rights to import and distribute in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Reference: - Law concerning Marks, Trade Names and Acts of Unfair Competition
- Circular number 07 SRNn, dated 6 August 2015, on Recognition of Trade Mark Monopoly.
- Sub-decree number 64 ANKr.Bk, dated 12 July 2006 of the Royal government of Cambodia
As per the subject, the General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia has noticed that recently there have been complaints about imports of goods with fake trademarks in violation of the monopoly rights of businesses whose marks have been officially registered and recognized already.
With the aim to strengthen enforcement of Law concerning Marks, Trade Names and Acts of Unfair Competition, and other relevant regulations pertaining to officially recognized rights to trademark monopoly, the General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia issues the following instructions:
- All relevant units within the General Department must increase vigilance to prevent practices of stealing trademarks and importing all kinds of goods that have already been officially registered and granted monopoly for import and distribution in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- If goods are found to be imported in violation of monopoly rights, competent Customs and Excise officials must temporary apprehend such goods and immediately report the offense to the GDCE. If needed, other relevant authorities are to be engaged to take action according to the laws in force.
As having informed, please kindly enforce these instructions to highest effectiveness possible from today onward.
General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia, Sealed and Signed
Dr. Kun Nhim
For more information, please check the official announcement and the English version (Unofficial translation by CAMFEBA).