MoU between EuroCham & the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction
The Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning, and Construction (MLMUPC) and the European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia (EuroCham) are pleased to announce that they signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Monday July 27th 2015.
His Excellency Mr. Chhan Saphan, Secretary of State will represent His Excellency Mr. Im Chhun Lim Senior Minister and Minister of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction and Mr. Emmanuel Menanteau, Chairman of European Chamber of Commerce, attended this signing ceremony along with a number of representatives from both institutions.
This memorandum of understanding defines a framework of cooperation between the Ministry of Urban Planning and Construction and the European Chamber of Commerce on a number of priority areas such as:
- Provide assistance and guidance in the development of a legal framework and regulatory norms for the cadastral and real estate sectors for greater efficiency, with a view to increasing levels of investment as well as of confidence by investors and developers in the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Provide guidance in relation to the laws and procedures surrounding strata titles;
- Prepare additional regulatory norms and urban planning standards;
- Support in defining a Spatial Planning, a master plan and a land use planning of Kratie and Kampot provinces;
- Provide assistance in classifying types of construction companies, constructors, consultants, and qualified professionals;
- Promote human resource development and experience sharing.