Chapter: Through Britcham
27-29, Street 75,
Sangkat Srah Chak, Khan Daun Penh,
- +855 (0) 12 323 121
The British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia (BritCham Cambodia) was founded as the British Business Association of Cambodia in 1995 by Senaka Fernando MBE. In 2013, it was officially registered as a Chamber of Commerce with the Cambodian government. The Chamber is also a founding member of the European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia.
In accordance with the Chamber's Constitution, BritCham 'aims is to provide a forum for British Business people having an interest in Cambodia to meet together in a spirit of friendship and cooperation for mutual benefit and with a view to fostering good commercial and social relations with our Cambodian counterparts and the community at large.' The Chamber is not however, exclusive to British Business people. We welcome all individuals with an interest in the UK and Cambodia. The Chamber currently has 134 corporate and individual UK, international and national members.
The objectives of the Chamber are focused around:
1. Assisting our members in building their business networks
2. Connecting our members to each other
3. Creating business opportunities for our members and supporting their businesses
4. Helping our members to grow their business.
In order to fulfill this, the core activities of the Chamber are:
- Membership: supporting our current members and encouraging new members to join. We have an online Membership Directory where full details of our members and businesses can be found.
- Events: organising business-focused events that give our members an opportunity to network and that tackle topical issues facing the business community. We also look to organise social events that bring the British community and friends together.
- Trade promotion: Working in partnership with UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) and the British Embassy in Cambodia, we promote bilateral trade and investment between the UK and Cambodia.
- Business Services: In 2015, the Chamber signed an agreement with UKTI and the British Embassy to launch the 'Overseas Business Network Initiative' (OBNi) in Cambodia. The initiative aims to provide advice and assistance on behalf of UKTI to UK companies doing and seeking to do business in Cambodia.
- Policy engagement: With a view to ensuring an enabling environment to do business in Cambodia, our Business Groups are member-driven and tackle topical issues affecting the business community. They also provide a forum for our members to engage with each other.
- Regional connectivity: We facilitate our members with a channel to a strong network of British Chambers in Southeast Asia (BiSEA). We further utilise this network to reach out to UK companies in the region doing and seeking to do business in Cambodia.
- Website and digital monthly Newsletter: These are useful channels to find out more about the Chamber's activities and that of its members. You will find our online membership directory on our website where you can find useful business contacts, as well as being a repository for information on doing business in Cambodia. The site is highly interactive, giving members the opportunity post announcements.
+855 96 292 6763