Posted by: EuroCham Cambodia
- Career Level: Intern
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Application Deadline: Sat 25 February, 2023
As Advocacy Intern you will be a fully functional member of the Advocacy Department, working alongside the team and reporting directly to the Advocacy Coordinator. You will receive a high level of responsibility and will be involved in the entire range of the department’s activities.
You will be maintaining EuroCham’s good relationships with both our members and the Royal Government of Cambodia, in order to foster a constructive public-private dialogue and to further improve the ease of doing business in the Kingdom.
You will assist in facilitating EuroCham’s Sectorial Committees, which involves the legal-and economic research for, organization and follow-up of various meetings and events with executive members of the team.
You will be required to provide assistance to members in addressing the legal and policy concerns they encounter in their business. Page 2 of 3 Occasionally, you will have to deal with ad-hoc requests to support other departments and the internal operations of EuroCham, including assisting in continuing to ensure the Chamber’s legal compliance. Finally, you will be crucial in the research for and drafting of EuroCham’s White Book, position papers and in the preparation of other advocacy-related instruments
We are looking for a highly-motivated and talented student, with strong language skills and a business-oriented mindset. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Native Khmer language proficiency with outstanding English proficiency (speaking and writing). Other languages are an asset.
- Master’s or at least completed Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Studies, Economics, Business Administration, or any other relevant field of study.
- Excellent academic track record and exceptional writing skills (Khmer and English). International experience is an asset.
- Strong interest in law, national politics, government affairs and international business. Knowledge of European policies, regulations and current affairs is an asset.
- Business acumen and comfortable presenting ideas in front of an audience in an organised manner.
- Ability to produce accurate results within tight deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and to work both as a team member and independently.
- Solid computer proficiency (Microsoft Office package).
To apply,send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with a clear email subject with position applying for. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early.Good luck!