Nexus seeks a dynamic and driven Communications Manager to promote and support all Nexus activities. Your scope of action will include taking the lead on stakeholder engagement, creating compelling content, designing and disseminating external communications materials, managing Nexus’ website and social media, and proposing strategic initiatives that take Nexus’ communications and marketing to the next level. If you are looking for a challenging position where you will have the opportunity to shape how Nexus is perceived by our international stakeholders and online community, this could be the position for you!
We are looking for someone with strong written and verbal communication skills, and well-rounded in storytelling and content management systems. You will have the autonomy to deliver innovative communication and marketing ideas, using our activity and the wealth of knowledge of our colleagues as a resource.
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Draft text, image and video content for PR, social media and the Nexus website (WordPress) updating the sites regularly with engaging material
- Identify and develop targeted marketing materials for segmented audiences with each internal unit, such as brochures, fact sheets, project communication packages, etc.
- Provide strategic oversight and reporting on Communications targets, deliverables, and achievements
- Engage directly with international members, clients, and stakeholders in the provision of resources, online networking and media for key partners
- Coordinate and lead the production, editing, and overall delivery of high quality documents such as the annual impact report and the event reports (Adobe InDesign) – including responsibility for creative content, branding, design and liaison with external service providers
- Follow and share internally and externally relevant information on trends, stakeholders, award schemes, events, etc. pertaining to the thematic areas of WASH/renewable energy access, climate finance and impact investing, carbon finance and social entrepreneurship.
- Maintain and update the Nexus website, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms to improve business functionalities, marketing and stakeholder-targeting
- Maintain Nexus’ photo and communications database, and branding tools
- Support the organisation of local and/or international events
- Facilitate internal communications within the organization
THE OPPORTUNITY OFFERS
- Flexible work environment
- 40 days of annual leave including public holidays
- Training allowance
- Annual flight home provided for international staff per year of work
- Visa, work Group Person Accident insurance, health insurance and travel insurance provided
- Role Title: Communications Manager
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Reporting to: Executive Director
- Direct reports: None
- Term: Unspecified duration, contract under Cambodian law. Minimum commitment of 2 years requested.
- Remuneration package: Negotiable
- Start Date: ASAP
Competitive candidates will have:
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- At least 3 years of experience in corporate or NGO communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or other relevant roles
- A degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience or demonstrated interest in relevant industries or sectors is a strong plus: impact measurement and management, impact investing, carbon financing, start-ups/ SMEs in emerging and frontier markets, social entrepreneurship, development finance, climate change, clean energy and water technologies, etc.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional communication skills in English, including writing, speaking and active listening
- In-depth knowledge of best writing and messaging practices for business correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing and sales copy and social media
- Track-record of deploying effective marketing & communications strategies
- Ability to write persuasive and engaging copy, and to translate technical information for communication to a non-technical audience
- Ability to take the lead on editing reports and drafting content for external stakeholders with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience working with CMS such as Wordpress, and CRM tools such as Bitrix and Mailchimp
- Ability to design marketing materials such as brochures and social media images
- Impact measurement and management experience a plus
PERSONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in project management; detail-oriented with high standard of performance
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – able to confidently work with a multi-disciplinary and impact-driven team and liaise with investees and co-investors
- Self-motivated, driven, and able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy in planning and carrying out own work, with good internal and external engagement capacity
- Strong design skills a plus
- Additional relevant language skills in Khmer or other languages a plus
To apply, please submit your application here. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until November 30, 2022. Early applications are encouraged.