Chef De Cuisine
Modern Southeast Asian / Nikkei cuisine
For an exciting and innovative venture in the capital’s central Koh Pich Island, we are looking for highly motivated, international-minded, and experienced team members who help us build a prime hospitality and entertainment venue in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The role is both creative and challenging. The chef de cuisine ensures that our modern, spacious kitchen operates efficiently, while he or she maintains highest standards and consistency for every plate that is served.
The chef de cuisine is responsible for the performance, quality standards, health, and safety of the kitchen team. He ensures the creative, efficient, sustainable, and profitable use of all resources and ensures, together with his team, that our food is some of the most delicious in town. We pride ourselves on constant evolution and improvements according to the feedback we receive.
The chef de cuisine is supported by our executive chef, and a highly professional management team.
In particular, the chef de cuisine is required to
- Ensure all food is of highest quality and standard
- Create new dishes and improve the taste and quality of all food served
- Ensure consistency of all food created and that presentation is on international standard, reflecting the overall concept
- Manage food preparation for events and caterings
- Implement and monitor standard operating procedures and improve operations
- Set operating goals and objectives and increase staff performance
- Organize and monitor staff schedules and update employee records
- Monitor adherence to health, safety, and hygiene standards in kitchen
- Constantly increase quality and value of produce used
- Ensure hygienic storage of all food and ingredients
- Stay on top of modern trends in the international restaurant industry
Knowledge and experience
- Experience working in an international restaurant or hotel
- Good knowledge & experience in modern Southeast Asian (Indonesian) and Nikkei cuisine
- Modern kitchen experience both in vegetarian/vegan food
- At least 2-year experience in leading a kitchen team of at least 5 staff
- Experience in staff management and development
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting
- Track record of managing inventory and cost control
- Able to use relevant computer applications
You are competent in
- Problem analysis, decision making and problem solving
- Organization and resource management
- Quality control and hygiene
- Communication, teamwork, and team leadership
- Stress tolerance, patience,
- You are calm and highly understanding of local sensibilities
- Experimenting with new culinary ideas.
If you feel that you are fit to join our expanding team, please send your CV to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Telegram/whatts app: +855 (0)93 999 017/ +855 (0)16 642 860