Full time with management responsibilities
Hops Craft Beer Garden & Restaurant is a German brewery and beer garden located in the very center of one of Asia’s most attractive and vibrant cities: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The main venue features a craft beer brewery with a beer garden & outdoor grill, a restaurant, an art lounge, private rooms, terraces and a sports bar with high-end billiard tables and electronic darts. Our main location features a full international cuisine with a comprehensive menu.
Unique in Cambodia - our brewery ingredients are 100% natural, imported from Germany and our beer is produced following highest German brewing standards. Our food is generally modern German, occasionally fused with Asian and international cuisines. We use natural local and imported ingredients of highest quality and pride ourselves on top level food preparation with fresh produce only.
We are adding satellite locations around town ranging from a kiosk with craft beer and German snacks, to smaller craft beer restaurants with full German menus of up to 20 items.
The main venue holds up to 200 diners at a time, with 150 servings being a standard evening. Other venues will be able to serve up to 30 diners at a time.
We have developed a standard food offering which is highly appreciated by our international clientele, which is comprised of 50% Cambodian, 25% Asian and 25% international customers. Our food is a mix between German classic and modern specialties, and international options including vegetarian and vegan options.
Restaurant managers have responsibility for the restaurant's business performance, quality standards, and health and safety, as well as staff and customer satisfaction.
Combining strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, the role is both business-like and creative, particularly in terms of marketing and business development.
In particular, the shift manager is required to:
- take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
- organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes
- prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales
- create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development
- set budgets or agree them with senior management
- plan and coordinate menus, working closely with the head chef
- coordinate the operation of the restaurant ensuring that kitchen, bar and waiting staff are working as a team
- recruit, train, manage and motivate staff
- respond to customer queries and complaints
- meet and greet customers, and organize table reservations
- maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash
- comply with licensing laws and other legal requirements.
- Propose improvements in all operations to the management
- Meet weekly with the management
- Share feedback on food and drink quality
Knowledge and experience
- Training in an international restaurant or hotel
- Experience in staff management and development
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a restaurant/hotel
- Good English speaking and writing proficiency
If you feel that you are fit to join our expanding team, please send your CV to:
+855 (0)93 999 017 / +855 (0)93 999 014