|Type of Service||Outreach|
|Geographic scope||Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam|
Period [Time frame]
|End December 2020 - End January 2021|
Documents to be
Proposal submission deadline
|27 November 2020|
The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia (Cambodia) was created in 2011 by the existing French, German and British business associations to act as the official chamber of the European business community in the Kingdom. Since then, it has grown to over 350 members and 6 national chapters, comprising 11 European countries. EuroCham Cambodia has become the largest foreign business association within Cambodia. The core activities of the Chamber are to promote, support and represent its members and European business interests in dialogue with the Royal Government of Cambodia, with the aim of developing a more efficient and fertile business and investment environment. It has also a mandate to provide trade facilitation services aimed at increasing and enhancing European investment in Cambodia.
In this framework, EuroCham has created an Outreach programme to promote Cambodia’s business opportunities abroad. Our goal is for more European companies to consider Cambodia as a potential new market for trade and investment, and to assist them in their development here. Doing this brings new clients and partners to EuroCham members, and results in a larger European voice in our advocacy efforts with the Royal Government. During the first phases of the Outreach programme implementation, EuroCham has developed a network of interlocutors by travelling on a regular basis to attend bilateral meetings with European Chambers, trade agencies and businesses. Conferences to present the trends and business opportunities were also organises to highlight the current development of the Cambodian economy.
Despite EuroCham has succeeded to obtain positive outcomes by reaching out to a certain number of European entities and businesses, since 2019 EuroCham has established a new outreach strategy by travelling less and focused the efforts on producing online content disseminated during webinars, on a YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU7G5ygH2_ZGpGqvn6pgu4g, the social media and a specific website attached to EuroCham’s website: https://investincambodia-eu.org/ sponsored by the Minister attached to prime minister and secretary general of the Council for the development of Cambodia which aims promote Cambodia’s investment opportunities abroad.
This strategy also relies on a great cooperation by obtaining support of local Chambers of commerce, trade agencies and professional associations to reach European SMEs. As the Cambodian market is not familiar to most, EuroCham often works closely with other Southeast Asian markets (namely Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, and Vietnam) to attract a larger audience and generate interest for the whole region. EuroCham succeeded to develop a strong spirit of cooperation with regional chambers and associations, and they are helpful in connecting us with their members. A notable advantage is that European companies already operating in the region have a better understanding of business opportunities in Cambodia, and are often keen on developing their activities here. They are also more familiar with local business practices. In 2019 and 2020, the EuroCham team approached mostly European Chambers based in Southeast Asia to promote Cambodia’s business opportunities. EuroCham Cambodia is now looking for consultancy firms/agencies based in ASEAN countries to provide following services:
Scope of Work
EuroCham Cambodia is now looking for consultancy firms/agencies based in ASEAN countries to provide the following services:
The selected firm will focus on the flowing countries: Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. These countries have a great and dynamic European business community and are more receptive to the current economic development of Cambodia. Many European businesses established in the countries mentioned above have succeeded to extend their operation in Cambodia as a +1 market.
- Dissemination of the promotional EuroCham video “meet opportunity” on various communication channels
- Promotion of the website https://investincambodia-eu.org towards the European organisations (bilateral Chambers, embassies, and business associations) and SMEs operating in Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam
- Boosting the visibility of the website on social media and the main search engines.
- To create a targeted oriented campaign among the European business communities
- To endorse the campaign by involving local economic influencer to raise awareness about the Cambodian economy.
Provision of guidance/advice on messaging for different audiences
- Formulate and carry forward a process to develop tailored messages to be delivered to European SMEs established in Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Identify new opportunities and creative communications ideas to engage targeted audiences
- Designing, developing, marketing on the social media
- To increase the number of viewers of the promotional video “Meet the Opportunities” posted on YouTube (around 750 views at the beginning of October)
- Produce a monthly report on the progress
- Disseminating all outreach materials to the European institutions in particular to the Chambers of Commerce and trade agencies
- Increase the number of Thai, Malaysian and Vietnamese visitors of the website investincambodia-eu.org. Between September 1st and October 5th, the website was visited by 2,236 persons that represent a total of 4,185 pages viewed. Among the visitors, 55% are not based in Cambodia. It is expected to see progress about these figures.
- Enhancing the Google referencing of the website: investincambodia-eu.org.
For short-listed bidders, show a brief credentials presentation and the proposed digital PR campaign following the guidelines set in the scope of work section.
- The agency to be selected must be a digital marketing agency or a public relations agency that has at least 5 years’ experience in digital publishing and with resources for insight gathering, strategic thinking, PR writing and digital advertising.
- The agency must be duly established in Southeast Asia and may have a tie-up or joint venture arrangement with other agencies to execute a communication campaign in Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
- The agency has already carried out a communication campaign for a non-profit organisation (NGO, embassy, or international organisation).
- The agency must have been existing for at least 5 years and must have undertaken an international campaign during the last three 3 years.
- The agency must be capable of advising EuroCham on how to focus the communication, how to appeal the specific target audiences, what information or messages to highlight and how to make these attractive and effective, how to optimize budget and digital reach, and what public relations strategies would be most effective, and other inputs hinged on international market insights.
Supporting Documents to be submitted:
- CV of expert/consultants/agency supporting document
- Proposed technical work plan/activities
- Proposed budget (budget template is attached)
- Ongoing or completed similar previous assignments (in electronic copy)
- References with contact details
Important Note: By signing contract, the bidder confirms has a complete understanding of the requirement and fully intends to deliver service that comply with the above listed tasks. For more detail, please download and go through ToR here: https://bit.ly/2Gv9jat
How to apply: Tenders are suggested to submit their technical proposal along with work plan and budget detail breakdown to procurement selection committee using email below. The application shall be submitting no later than 27 November 2020. Only shortlisted tender will be contacted for an interview along with their presentation.
- Mr. Guillaume Maltaverne - Outreach Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
With copy to: