EuroCham Cambodia was founded in 2011 and has since grown to a membership of over 300, making it the largest international business association in Cambodia today. EuroCham offers a range of business services to companies who are interested in exploring investment opportunities in Cambodia, providing market research, technical information and practical advice on how to get started in this exciting Southeast Asian market. EuroCham Cambodia represents its members’ interests and concerns vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia and seeks to work alongside the authorities to create a more attractive investment environment for European companies, SMEs in particular.
In addition, EuroCham Cambodia implements a European Union 5 year program to provide Support for European Business in South East Asian Markets (SEBSEAM). The SEBSEAM program aims to increase and diversify exports and investments of EU business to Cambodia and ensure EuroCham’s financial sustainability in the long term. Advocacy is one of the main pillars of the program, which EuroCham has successfully been implementing. Activities included:
- Creation and coordination of sector-specific and cross-sectorial Committees
- Launch of 3 editions of the EuroCham White Book, a set of trade and investment policy recommendation for consideration by the Royal Government.
- Cooperation with relevant government authorities (signature of MoUs, organisation of forums and participation in public-private dialogue/consultation) to secure responses to the White Book and to support ongoing efforts aiming at improving the ease of doing business in Cambodia.
EuroCham is now looking for an Advocacy Officer to support the advocacy pillar of EuroCham.
The Advocacy Officer works alongside the Advocacy Manager in maintaining EuroCham good relationships with the Royal Government of Cambodia in order to foster constructive public-private dialogue with the view of further improving the ease of doing business in the Kingdom. The Advocacy Officer also assists in facilitating EuroCham Sectorial Committees which involves the organization and follow up of various meetings and events as well as the production of EuroCham White Book and Position Papers.
Reporting: The Advocacy Officer will report directly to the Advocacy Manager.
Description of Duties
Under the overall responsibility of the Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Advocacy Manager, the Advocacy Officer will:
- Report to the Advocacy Manager;
- Support the Advocacy Manager in all written and oral correspondences with the Royal Government relevant Ministries and other relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate and follow up EuroCham Sectorial Committees’ meetings and actions;
- Record the minutes of the Sectorial Committees’ meetings as well as other Advocacy related meetings and appointments;
- Follow up with government regulatory updates and share with relevant Sectorial Committees;
- Participate in and follow up relevant Working Groups of the Government Private Sector Forum;
- Draft official letters in Khmer and in English to various stakeholders (EU, Ministries…);
- Take note of the policy responses provided by the Royal Government and disseminate them to EuroCham Members
- Assist the Advocacy Manager in preparing Advocacy-related reporting to the Executive Director and to the Donor;
- Support in the organization of seminars, workshops and other events including correspondence with speakers and official guests;
- Undertake research on advocacy topics (issues, impact, existing regulations…) to contribute to the elaboration of cases to be submitted to relevant Ministries of the Royal Government;
- Support in coordinating the production of the White Book (yearly publication of EuroCham to provide policy recommendations to the Royal Government of Cambodia in the field of trade and investment);
- Represent the Advocacy Manager in meetings he cannot attend;
- Provide occasional ad hoc translations;
- Assist in other tasks that may be assigned by the Executive Director or the Advocacy Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, International Studies, Economics, Business Administration, or any relevant field of study
- At least one-year relevant work experience, fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to produce results within tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
- Computer proficiency
- Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent spoken and written skills in Khmer and English.