Scope of Role:
Reporting directly to the General Manager the primary focus of the Assistant General Manager will be to assist in daily factory management. Working collaboratively with all departments, including, Quality, Finance, Planning, Procurement & Production to ensure the site runs at optimal efficiency.
The successful candidate will support the day to day management of the Production operation, providing direction to the departmental Team Leads, ensuring efficient production planning and fulfilment of orders within the agreed deadlines.
Understanding of inventory, planning, purchasing, warehousing and finance is critical to this position.
- Implement the operational and commercial objectives of the Horseware Group.
- Establish and control conditions of production to satisfy customer & quality specifications.
- Achieve profitable production growth whilst providing technical support on systems/processes and business improvement to ensure the achievement of strategic goals.
- Ensure all activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of the organisation.
- Ensure adequate manufacturing processes and production schedules exist to meet requirements and ensure maximum utilisation of personnel.
- Manage effectively within the annual budget, including calculations of material usage and spec, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Follow up on status of material purchasing, and status of orders within production and report on same.
- Actively engage in standardization and cost reduction programs in order to maximize the efficiency of production lines.
- Management of factory maintenance, production expansion projects, sourcing and setting up of machinery.
- Responsible for developing a self-aware safety culture. Therefore, ensuring a high level of safety ownership and activities within the site.
- Contribute to group business planning and monitor results for future plans and strategy.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained and deal with any issues if they arise during the process.
Skills and Experience
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with experience in Production, Planning and General Management, in the manufacturing industry.
Additionally, you will possess:
- Proven financial, commercial, and resource leadership skills.
- Experience working for an international production company is preferred as the ideal candidate will have knowledge in the importing and exporting of goods.
- A genuine passion for continuous improvement, developing people and driving a high performance and collaborative culture.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of employees and a hands-on approach toward team facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management capability.
- Have experience and/or training in the following: Production, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering or relevant technical knowledge
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft suite, including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Health and safety training / certificate. Is very conscientious of Health and Safety procedures and implementation.
- The ability to work well under pressure and see tasks, and projects through to completion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Availability for working in Cambodia for a minimum term of 3 years is preferred.
- Competitive Salary DOE.
- Full expatriate health insurance cover.
- Weekly travel assistance /allowance.
- Annual holidays as per Cambodia calendar: 23 national holidays per year.
- 2 x paid return flight to home country per year (value up to $1,500 per flight).
Company: Horseware Products (Cambodia) Co.,Ltd.
Location: Sihanoukville Special Economic Zone (SSEZ), Factory No. C31-7, Po Thoeung Village, Bettrang Commune, Preynob District, Preah Sihanouk Province. Please send C.V and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5th October 2020.