About EuroCham Cambodia
EuroCham Cambodia was founded in 2011 and has since grown to a membership of over 350, making it the largest international business association in Cambodia today. We offer a range of business services to companies who are interested in exploring investment opportunities in Cambodia, provide market research, technical information and practical advice on how to get started in Cambodia. EuroCham Cambodia represents its members’ interests and concerns vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia and seeks to work alongside the authorities to create a more attractive investment environment for European companies, SMEs.
In addition, EuroCham Cambodia is closing a European Union 5-year program to provide support for European Business in South East Asian Markets (SEBSEAM).
EuroCham Cambodia is now focusing on the three following pillars, which are to be further strengthened in the coming years: advocacy, services and membership.
Description of the position
The Executive Director is in charge of managing all chamber operations, and for carrying out policies and duties adopted/approved by the Board through an annual program of actions. In addition, the board meets quarterly and might update the annual policies and duties.
The ED manages a team to ensure daily operations and strategy implementation. The ED will report to the EuroCham chairman, its Executive Committee and the Board of Directors. Within a team of nearly 20, a highly professional management team is in place to support the executive director.
In conformity with EuroCham Statutes and in accordance with the Operations Rules & Processes, and under the authority of the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, the Executive Director will be entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Regularly report to the Board/ExCom/Chairman on activities implantation and financial matters
- Ensure the continuity and further development of EuroCham core activities
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Organize the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the chamber and organize board elections
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners at the national, regional and international level
- Maintain legal integrity of the chamber and ensure EU and Cambodian compliance regulations are closely followed
- Ensure supervision and implementation of all administrative, HR, IT and financial matters
- Financial controlling and reporting:
- Propose, implement and control overall EuroCham annual budget and forecast needs
- Work closely with the treasurer, accounting manager/service provider and the appointed auditor in monitoring EuroCham’s finances
Management of the current ICI+ grant
The ED will supervise the closure of the grant and the delivery of final reporting with the Operations Manager
Specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure smooth coordination of and relationship with EuroCham founding chambers and national chapters
- Develop and supervise effective membership programs and services
- Ensure the continuity and the implementation of the advocacy program including:
- Coordination of sectoral committees
- Publication of the white book and follow up on policy responses
- Continue to ensure smooth relationships with the Royal Government of Cambodia, the Cambodian Private Sector and development partners.
- Ensure the timely delivery of EuroCham ongoing quality services to clients
- Strengthen the business model for services with the view of ensuring financial sustainability of the chamber
- Create and manage innovative services to third parties
European and ASEAN network development
- Maintain relationships with the network of European chambers in Southeast Asia and with the European Business Organizations (EBO) worldwide network.
Communication and Marketing
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations and serve as spokesperson for the chamber vis-à-vis all stakeholders, in conjunction with the chairman and executive committee
- Develop and maintain an effective communication strategy that is responsive to the needs of members and national chapters
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in business administration/political sciences/ international relations
- At least 10 years work experience in a senior position with 5 years of work experience in trade and investment, or policy work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage relationships with high level institutional stakeholders (ministries, embassies, development partners)
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent institutional communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and another European language
- Knowledge of Cambodia’s institutional, legal, business and cultural environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Khmer is an asset
To apply, send a letter of motivation and your CV by 29 February 2020 to:
Mr. Arnaud DARC
Chairman of the Board of Directors