The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for-profit organization funded by the European Union.
Our mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between EU Member States and Cambodia through a
range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services. We are seeking applications from
individuals with a highly analytical mindset and excellent writing and research skills to become our Project Officer.
This position sits between the business and political spheres and will involve supporting the entry of European
companies into the market and supporting the EuroCham team in representing the interests of the European
business community vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia.
The Project Officer reports directly to the Business Services Manager under the overall authority of the Executive
The Project Officer focuses specifically on providing information which aims to support European businesses
interested in entering the Cambodian market. She or he will be principally responsible for gathering and
interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations to clients based upon the research findings.
The role will also include a business development function, whereby the successful applicant will support or lead
business support projects including research, trade mission, B2B meetings, events and others. We aim to be able
to provide services to clients from a broad range of industries and, to accomplish this task, the Project Officer
works with the Business Services Manager to develop relationships across as extensive a network as possible.
Job Description: open to Cambodian nationals
Business Services (90%)
- Managing / supporting revenue-generating business support services from sales through to delivery;
- Supporting business development;
- Developing and maintaining strong networks within the business community and other key stakeholder groupings;
- Conducting bespoke research projects (desk research, structured interviews) to answer specific questions posed by prospective market entrants;
- Keeping up-to-date with latest developments in the Cambodian political, business and regulatory spheres;
- Supporting prospective investors during trade missions and B2B meetings facilitated by EuroCham;
- Representing the Chamber at external conferences and trade fairs for information-gathering and networking purposes;
- Support the establishment of new services
- Collecting and storing relevant market information to act as the ‘knowledge hub’ of the Chamber so as to provide internal support to other teams;
- Process development (eg. CRM, sales process, knowledge management)
General Support (10%)
- Other tasks as necessary, including drafting or proofreading of Khmer- English-language texts for external communication and checking of contracts with external service providers.
- Other tasks that may be required by the Executive Director
- University degree in a subject such as Economics, Business, or International Relations;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent writing skills, ability to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner in professional quality English
- Strong research skills – both desk research and structured interviews
- Ability to develop and leverage a large network in a multicultural environment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to switch between multiple tasks and retain knowledge across a broad range of topics
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- fluency in English
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject
- Any prior experience in consulting, business development or trade promotion
- Knowledge of additional European languages (besides English)
- Existing network and knowledge within the Cambodian market