Nexus seeks an experienced and motivated Technical Services Manager to be based in our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Services Manager will serve as a Co-Head to the technical team with responsibility for delivering high-quality, expert carbon and technology advisory services to Nexus’ clients and corporate partners, and to work internally in support of the funds management team. The position is also responsible for business development and is expected to contribute to the sourcing of new projects and consultancies in the low-carbon clean energy and WASH sectors. Nexus seeks to constantly improve upon the quality of our technical work and in this role the Technical Services Manager will contribute to the growth of the project portfolio while working with the team to build upon best practices.
- Technical Advisory Services (70%)
The technical advisory services work covers the following three areas: (1) management of carbon project development, (2) liaising with the funds management team on technical evaluations and (3) delivery of consultancy projects. Key activities will include:
- Carbon project development: Development and successful issuance of high-quality carbon finance programs under voluntary and compliance standards.
- Conduct pre-screening/screening of projects to identify if they have potential to be developed as carbon projects;
- Assist clients through the GS4GG/CDM carbon project cycle from design stage to issuance of carbon credits including designing baseline and monitoring surveys, developing project design documents, monitoring reports, conducting validation and verification field visits, etc.;
- Manage co-benefits information and data collection on projects for coordination with the Nexus Business Development & Carbon Asset Management team and the Communications and Marketing Manager, i.e. Social Return on Investment and SDG impacts;
- Delivery of carbon credit issuing projects, including drafting and reviewing technical assistance agreements.
- Funds management
- Provide expert review of technologies and potential risks of implementation in a developing country context;
- Contribute to debt financing strategy development from a technical perspective;
- Coordinate sourcing-oriented business development for investments under the climate and impact funds managed by Nexus, including matching businesses/projects to appropriate sources of funding or technical services at Nexus;
- Support the funds management team for technical and impact screening and due diligence of projects.
- Consultancy projects
- Manage and deliver technical work for consultancy projects related to carbon finance, carbon footprint estimates, and due diligence and project feasibility.
- Build a pipeline of new consultancy projects in the following areas of focus and lead on the delivery of such projects:
- Baseline and market assessments;
- Environmental impact studies;
- SDG and impact measurement assessments;
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects in the clean energy and water sectors;
- I-REC – supporting in procedure for registration, third-party verification, monitoring, audits.
- Administration (20%)
- Participate in the preparation of monitoring and reporting activities for external and internal purposes;
- Work with the finance team on reconciliations for the carbon projects;
- Oversee the technical team’s annual budget with the unit’s Co-Head and monitor achievement of annual revenue targets on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Strategy development and coordination with the technical team’s Co-Head and Executive Director;
- Team planning and resource management – manage internal resources to deliver on projects successfully and oversee the recruitment of new staff or consultants as required.
- Business Development (10%)
- Develop a robust pipeline of projects and consultancies for the delivery of technical services in the field of low-carbon development and climate change mitigation across the clean energy, water and sanitation sectors;
- Manage relationships with new and existing clients with a key focus on cross-selling Nexus’ services;
- Research and stay abreast of market trends; provide Nexus with technical and market intelligence on evolutions in carbon markets/COP negotiation and related fields, including climate finance;
- Identify knowledge gaps, trends and contribute to generating innovative project ideas and concepts that could have positive impact on the ecosystem and drive the development of Nexus;
- Participate in relevant events and forums – national and international
- Contribute technical information to grant proposals as required – liaising with the fundraising team.
Role Title: Technical Services Manager
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia; some remote working possible; approx. 15-20% of travel time.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Direct reports: None
Term: Unspecified duration contract under Cambodian law
Remuneration package: 25k – 30k USD per annum (circa 12-13% taxation; benefiting from local competitive cost of living). Minimum commitment of two years. 40 days of annual leave including public holidays. Training allowance. Annual flight home provided for international staff per year of work. Visa, work Group Person Accident insurance and travel insurance provided.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 8 years’ experience developing and implementing business development strategies and programs;
- Strong working experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel, data analysis and financial model development
- Emerging market experience and strong interest in the world of sustainability impact investing, and/or related fields;
- Strong technical understanding of clean energy, water and sanitation technologies, in particular those most relevant in a development context and demonstrating most market potential for scalability;
- Established track record of business development and relationship management, ideally with an established network in Asia;
- Understanding of climate finance mechanisms, knowledge of GHG accounting methodologies, impact assessment and environmental assessment methodologies is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to and track record in securing new business and consultancies;
- Experience in public speaking and reporting (including liaison, advice and preparation of written proposals, reports and submissions).
Education and skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject (environmental science or engineering, international development, business management, etc.);
- Innovative mindset and demonstrated ability to develop lean teams;
- Proactive problem-solving can-do attitude and willingness to adapt to an evolving role;
- Experience managing workplans and in project management;
- Interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and social issues and sustainable development;
- At ease working in a small structure, start-up-type, where tasks and responsibilities are in constant movement;
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment including remote colleagues;
- Proficient in English with confident writing skills, knowledge of other languages such as Mandarin or Khmer a plus.
Please submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should address how you meet the key qualifications and requirements of this position by providing examples from previous roles. The subject of the email should read: “Application - Technical Services Manager”. Applications will be considered on a rolling based until June 15th, 2019, and are encouraged from all qualified applicants – local and international.