GIZ is a German federal enterprise supporting the German Government and other commissioning parties in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For the implementation of the new project ASEAN RegioGIZ Office Phnom Penhnal Integration Support – Cambodia Trade Related Assistance (ARISE Plus Cambodia) we are currently seeking for Cambodian national candidates for the following positions below.
ARISE Plus Cambodia aims to support greater connectivity and economic integration between Cambodia and the rest of ASEAN (overall objective) through implementing the AEC Blueprint 2025 and strengthening institutional capacity. It is the national Cambodia component of the ARISE Plus Regional Programme funded by the European Union and will consolidate and enhance the results already achived with past and on-going EU trade related technical assistance. The Action is jointly co-financed by EU and the German Federal Ministry for EconomicCooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. The political partner of this Action is the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) of Cambodia. The main direct beneficiaries are MoC, the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and selected other public and private entities.
The Specific objectives are:
- To improve customs, trade facilitation and standards with a view to a better integration of Cambodia into the AEC and to accelerate the Cambodia Government's implementation of the WTO trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA)
- To strengthen institutional capacities and improve regulatory practices with a view to achieving a more transparent, predictable and competetive trade environment.
- To enhance private sector engagement, notably SMEs, and better preparedness for the AEC's seamless single economic space.
The holder of the Trade-related Coordination and Transparency Advisor position provides technical advisory services
- to MoC, particularly the setup and operation of the National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC)
- and to MEF, for the enhancement of the National Trade Repository (NTFC)
The project will be implemented from January 2019 until June 2023.
- Support the setup of a functional NTFC in cooperation with relevant public and private stakeholders as well as development agencies/ international organisations
- Support the NTFC secretariat in preparing, conducting and following up on meetings of the NTFC and its sub-committees
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of trade facilitation commitments
- Advise the development of effective related processes and procedures in consultation with relevant agencies and private sector actors
- Advise and coordinate tecnical assistance to the secretariat of the National Trade Repository (NTR) at MEF
- Support to the inclusion of up-to-date information in the NTR
- Support to the organisation of events, trainings and workshops
- Liaise with and represent the project vis-a-vis partner organisations and other stakeholders in the country
- Perform other project related task as assigned by the project director
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Internation Trade, Economics, Law, Business Administration etc.)
- At least 5 years work experience, including 3 years in a comparable position
- Established expertise on trade and development issues, speciaalisation on trade facilitation is preferred
- Work experience in multi-stakeholder coordination as well as transparency and/or knowledge management
- Proven moderation and facilitation skills
- Experience in cooperation with trade-related government agencies, private companies, and a wide range of service providers
- Experience in working on economic development with international development agencies (ideally on trade-related issues) is a strong asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of trade-related politico-economic developments in Cambodia
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills in working with various partners from different countries
- Good IT skills and advanced command of MS Office applications
- Diplomatic approach in the communication with the partners
Interested candidates should send:
- a cover letter briefly describing and justifying how they meet the below-mentioned requirements
- an updated cv (Certificates should not be included with the application)
- most recent recommendation letters from the previous employers
To Ms. Sineth Heang via email email@example.com by 05 May 2019.