GIZ is a German federal enterprise supporting the German Government and other commissioning parties in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For the implementation of the new project ASEAN RegioGIZ Office Phnom Penhnal Integration Support – Cambodia Trade Related Assistance (ARISE Plus Cambodia) we are currently seeking for Cambodian national candidates for the following positions below.
ARISE Plus Cambodia aims to support greater connectivity and economic integration between Cambodia and the rest of ASEAN (overall objective) through implementing the AEC Blueprint 2025 and strengthening institutional capacity. It is the national Cambodia component of the ARISE Plus Regional Programme funded by the European Union and will consolidate and enhance the results already achived with past and on-going EU trade related technical assistance. The Action is jointly co-financed by EU and the German Federal Ministry for EconomicCooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. The political partner of this Action is the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) of Cambodia. The main direct beneficiaries are MoC, the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and selected other public and private entities.
The Specific objectives are:
- To improve customs, trade facilitation and standards with a view to a better integration of Cambodia into the AEC and to accelerate the Cambodia Government's implementation of the WTO trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA)
- To strengthen institutional capacities and improve regulatory practices with a view to achieving a more transparent, predictable and competetive trade environment.
- To enhance private sector engagement, notably SMEs, and better preparedness for the AEC's seamless single economic space.
The holder of the Trade Training and Research Advisor position provides technical advisory services to the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) on formulation of trade policy and monitoring of its implementation.
The project will be implemented from January 2019 until June 2023.
- Coordinate and implement capacity development activities and other consultant missions on trade policy development (incl. the improvement of trade statistics) in cooperation with Moc and relevant partners
- Support the development of Cambodia-specific trade policy analysis and recommendations
- Support the development of trade-related publications, papers, issue notes, and briefings in cooperation with MoC and relevant partners
- Support to the organisation of events, trainings and workshops on trade statistics, trade policy formulation, trade negotiations and implementation
- Liaise with and represent the project vis-a-vis partner organisations and other stakeholders in the country
- Perform other project related tasks as assigned by the Project Director
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Internation Trade, Economics, Law, Business Administration etc.)
- At least 5 years work experience, including 3 years in a comparable position
- Established expertise on trade and development issues, speciaalisation on trade facilitation is preferred
- Must be familiar with international and regional trade liberalisation processes (WTO, AEC and other regional initiatives)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven moderation and facilitation skills
- Experience in cooperation with trade-related government agencies, private companies, and a wide range of service providers
- Experience in working on economic development with international development agencies (ideally on trade-related issues) is a strong asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of trade-related politico-economic developments in Cambodia
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills in working with various partners from different countries
- Good IT skills and advanced command of MS Office applications
- Diplomatic approach in the communication with the partners
Interested candidates should send:
- a cover letter briefly describing and justifying how they meet the below-mentioned requirements
- an updated cv (Certificates should not be included with the application)
- most recent recommendation letters from the previous employers
To Ms. Sineth Heang via email email@example.com by 05 May 2019.