Practices to move your team towards successful relationships!
What are the habits of successful design-oriented companies like Apple and Samsung?
Reorient yourself and your team towards process, experience, and bias towards action. Practice ‘seeing with new eyes’ and look at common, old problems such as customer complaints, employee motivation, or quality assurance in a new light. You will learn to embrace uncertainty, create opportunities, and build testable solutions. This will help you build an organisation that is adaptable, resilient, and innovative.
This course will help you create a strategy to flourish with more efficient processes, better communication, innovation, and creativity in your organisation.
Make your reservations today!
Training Course Objectives
This is an experiential, practice-based course on skills to:
- Create: bringing ideas to tangible forms to share and experiment
- Empathise: taking the points of view of others to learn and deepen understanding
- Observe: honing your ability to notice differences and find useful patterns
- Ideate: taking your observations into insights and ideas for solutions to a problem
- Analyse: making a habit of thinking beyond the obvious and looking for the root of the problem
The course material is specifically geared toward middle managers with team members who are facing challenges at their day-to-day work.
Who is this course for?
- Junior and senior managers
- People about to be promoted as managers
- Business Owners
This course will be conducted in English
About Our Trainer
Mr. Akira Morita, Master Facilitator of stories, conversations, and innovations
Akira Morita has 24 years working in the US, Europe, Japan and ASEAN, in the fields of business strategy and communications, marketing, development, media and community-based social innovations. For the last 17 years as a consultant, he’s helped clients large and small in all kinds of industries and markets grow, transition into new arenas, create new services and products, and tighten their strategies and goals. His focus has always been fostering conversations and collaborations that spark change, be it an honest talk about tough transitions, an open ideation sprints, or an expansive dialogue about what could be, among those familiar with each other or strangers across cultures and disciplines.
Akira Morita works with clients from Cambodia, the US, Europe, and SE Asia: UNDP, USAID, CARE International, CAFOD, People In Need, Duke University, Digitas, yLabs, and Factory Phnom Penh are among those that he’s teamed up with in the recent years
- Venue: Factory Phnom Penh
- Day One: December 08th, 2022 (Thurs)
- Day Two: December 09th, 2022 (Fri)
- Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm (each day)
- Member price: $265
- Non-member price: $315
(Coffee Breaks and Lunch will be provided)
For Further Information and Registration
Ms. NETH Chanmonyneath
Phone: +855 (0) 10 887 950
Mr. NOUN Uksa
Phone: +855 (0) 10 888 642