Thanks to Mr. Sim Sokheng, Ms. Andrea Caballe and Ms. Helene Ou for their presentations and to all participants.
Mr. Sim Sokheng, Director of the Department of IP, Ministry of Commerce
Ms. Andrea Caballe, Associate, Schmitt & Orlov and Helene Ou, Lawyer, Helene & Associates
This EuroCham Breakfast Talk focused on Intellectual Property Rights in Cambodia, and was organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Commerce and Schmitt & Orlov.
With ASEAN becoming an integrated region, new opportunities and challenges arise in terms of protection of intellectual property assets. Participants joined the event to understand how a proactive IP strategy can be crucial to your business, with particular emphasis on how to best protect and enforce your Intellectual Property in Cambodia and in the region
Agenda of the event:
- Welcoming remarks by EuroCham representatives
- Presentation by Mr. Sim Sokheng, Director of the Department of Intellectual Property, Ministry of Commerce
- Presentation by Andrea Caballe, from Schmitt & Orlov, in association with Helene Ou, will speak about the importance of IPR protection and enforcement, and specifically in Cambodian environment.
About the speakers:
- Mr. Sim Sokheng is the national focal point of the ASEAN Working Group on IP Cooperation, focal point for the World IP Organization and President of the Secretariat of National Committee for IP Rights. He holds two Master's degrees in Law from Kyushu University and in Business Administration from the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok.
- Ms. Andrea Caballé is a polyglot lawyer specialised in Intellectual Property and International Relations. She is the Head of the Spanish desk at Schmitt & Orlov. She graduated in International Business Law at Sorbonne University and she holds a master's degree in Innovation and Management of Intellectual Property from Paris 13 University.