The decisions and interpretations issued by Cambodia's Arbitration Council are an important tool for anyone managing a company's human resources. This Breakfast Talk presents a rare chance for businesses to easily learn from the Arbitration Council's interpretation of the labour law.
▪ Introduction of Arbitration Council and Arbitration Council Foundation
▪ AC's successful interpretations of the labour law
▪ Overview of arbitral decisions ("awards") AC issued in 2016
▪ AC's potential development: collective disputes and individual disputes
▪ How AC might evolve with the possible establishment of a labour court
Mr. Men Nimmith serves as Executive Director and Arbritrator of the Arbitration Council Foundation. He represents the interests of ACF in communications with the tripartite partners (trade unions, employers’ associations and government, especially the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training), civil society and private sector, donors, diplomatic missions and other stakeholders.
Ms. Chum Charya serves as Director of Legal Services and manages the Legal Services Department. She is in charge of all legal affairs and manages the provision of legal services, including: directing legal support to arbitral panels; supervising staff, developing and conducting training, overseeing the preparation of legal publications, and developing and implementing the team work plan for case management.
Location: The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa, #28, Street 184 Phnom Penh
Date: Friday, March 31, 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Non-member price: $25
EuroCham Member price: $15