The Transport and Logistics Committee is open to companies that provide transportation or logistics services or companies that have a significant interest in the transport and logistics industries. Current members include container shipping lines, freight forwarding and logistics companies, airlines, airport operators, consulting firms, and parcel service companies.
The Committee is a platform for information sharing and discussion and concerns itself with matters that solely relate to the transport and logistics industries and provides Cambodian authorities with relevant input in order to improve the overall business environment. The main objective is to represent the private sector in studies and consultations that may be used as input to policy formulation, work alongside existing mechanisms/organizations (i.e. G-PSF, GMAC, CAMFFA etc), and address issues directly to relevant organizations (i.e. Government ministries).
- Promote the development of the transport and logistics industry in Cambodia as a critical enabler to Cambodia’s continuing economic growth
- Encourage the ease and transparency of import-export processes with the view of further enabling the potential of the transport and logistics industry
- Provide a forum for companies involved in transport and logistics in order to discuss common issues and challenges to the industry in Cambodia and to work with the Royal Government of Cambodia and other relevant agencies and authorities to seek for improvement
- Maintain relationships with other agencies and bodies that have interests in transport and logistics as well as in import-export related matters and to align interests where desirable (i.e. CAMFFA, CAMTA, GMAC, Government-Private Sector Working Groups, Government Agencies and authorities)
- Promote transparency, compliance and rule of law in the transportation and logistics sector
- Develop position papers and contribute to the EuroCham White Book