The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for-profit organization funded by the European Union. Our mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between EU Member States and Cambodia through a range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services. We are seeking applications from individuals with a highly analytical mindset and excellent writing and research skills to become our Market Research Analyst. This position sits between the business and political spheres and will involve supporting the entry of European companies into the market and supporting the EuroCham team in representing the interests of the European business community vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia.
The Market Research Analyst reports directly to the Business Services Manager under the overall authority of the Executive Director.
The Market Research Analyst focuses specifically on providing information which aims to support European businesses interested in entering the Cambodian market. She or he will be principally responsible for gathering and interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations to clients based upon the research findings. The role will also include a business development function, whereby the successful applicant will support the identification of new project leads, and the development competitive proposals to secure those projects. We aim to be able to provide services to clients from a broad range of industries and, to accomplish this task, the Market Research Analyst works with the Business Services Manager to develop relationships across as extensive a network as possible so as to position the team as ‘only one step removed’ from relevant information about any sector.
Job Description: open to Cambodian nationals and foreigners
Business Services (80%)
- Managing revenue-generating business support services from sales through to delivery;
- Supporting business development; Identifying potential project leads and developing competitive proposals for publicly tendered consultancy assignments
- Developing and maintaining strong networks within the business community and other key stakeholder groupings;
- Conducting bespoke research projects (desk research, structured interviews) to answer specific questions posed by prospective market entrants;
- Keeping up-to-date with latest developments in the Cambodian political, business and regulatory spheres;
- Supporting prospective investors during trade missions and B2B meetings facilitated by EuroCham;
- Representing the Chamber at external conferences and trade fairs for information-gathering and networking purposes;
- Collecting and storing relevant market information to act as the ‘knowledge hub’ of the Chamber so as to provide internal support to other teams;
- Process development (eg. CRM, sales process, knowledge management)
- Occasionally support the consultation and drafting process for specific position papers
- Represent the Chamber in public-private dialogue events for information gathering and networking
General Support (10%)
- Other tasks as necessary, including drafting or proofreading of English-language texts for external communication and checking of contracts with external service providers.
- Other tasks that may be required by the Executive Director
- University degree in an essay-based subject such as Economics, Business, History, or International Relations; or a STEM subject involving the analysis and presentation of complex data in written format.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent writing skills, ability to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner in professional quality English
- Strong research skills – both desk research and structured interviews
- Ability to develop and leverage a large network in a multicultural environment;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to switch between multiple tasks and retain knowledge across a broad range of topics.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Native-level fluency in English
- Master's degree in relevant subject
- Knowledge of Khmer would be an asset
- Knowledge of additional European languages (besides English)
- Any prior experience in consulting, business development or trade promotion
- Existing network and knowledge within the Cambodian market