EuroCham Cambodia was founded in 2011 and has since grown to a membership of over 300, making it the largest Western business association in Cambodia today. EuroCham offers a range of business services to companies who are interested in exploring investment opportunities in Cambodia, providing market research, technical information and practical advice on how to get started in this exciting Southeast Asian market. EuroCham Cambodia represents its members’ interests and concerns vis-à-vis the Royal Government of Cambodia and seeks to work alongside the authorities to create a more attractive investment environment for European companies, SMEs in particular.
Providing services to companies is one of the key pillars of Eurocham and we are now looking for our new Business Development and Service Manager.
Reporting: The Business Development and Service Manager reports to the Executive Director.
General Description: Working closely with the Executive Director and the others pillars of EuroCham (business club, outreach and advocacy teams), the Business Development and Service Manager will lead EuroCham Business Development and Support Team to support European businesses interested in entering the Cambodian market.
The Business Development and Service Manager’s main goal will be:
- Scaling up EuroCham’s Business Development and Support Services to make it a strong, sustainable and profitable Business Unit of EuroCham within the next 3 years.
- Proposing a 5 year strategic Road Map with budgets, P&Ls, and strategic plan (to be reviewed regularly) in order to ensure long term financial sustainability of the Service Team.
- Meeting annual revenue targets set by the E.D.
To achieve this main goal, duties and tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing a strategy to attract companies interested in sectors with high potentials and added value.
- Creating and implementing new and value-added services for EuroCham members and companies in Cambodia while supporting in all ways companies interested in investing and trading with Cambodia.
- Managing service requests, including researching and analyzing data;
- Developing relevant research tools and trade, investment and sector-specific databases;
- Conducting desk research and primary research to collect data to help address service requests;
- Gathering information and analyzing them in order to use these data in research paper and market studies.
- Gathering available data for evaluating and presenting information on Cambodia-EU trade and investments;
- Managing the Business Center Office Space and the related admin/support services;
- Coordinating the service team in delivering sector specific market studies and being able to conduct them if necessary.
- Leading the Service Team in the organizing missions for SMEs interested in gaining an overview of opportunities in Cambodia;
- Working closely with the communication team to help the development or improvement of the following online tools (and facilitating discussion whenever needed):
- User friendly library with all relevant publications on Cambodia’s economic environment;
- English language library of Cambodian commercial laws;
- Comprehensive listing of all European entities and service providers in Cambodia;
- Contribution to the development and realization of Workshops and Webinars.
- Development and launching of tenders related to market studies, publications or services outsourcing.
- Master Degree, preferably in business administration or Business School equivalent
- Having a strong understanding of entrepreneurship and particularly regarding SMEs needs is a must
- Strong entrepreneurial profile/mind/experience is preferred
- At least 5 year experience in delivering business development and support services, either in consultancy firms or trade promotion agencies is required.
- Experience in project financing / donor funding / tenders is an asset as well as a previous knowledge of the Cambodian environment
- Strong analytical skills required
- Good project management experience
- Good networking skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of additional European languages, preferably French, is an asset; Basic knowledge in Khmer is also a plus.
- Computer literacy, proficiency with MS Office programs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, would you please send your application including your resume and cover letter to the following address mail: firstname.lastname@example.org