EuroCham Cambodia was inaugurated on June 2nd, 2011 with the support of three founding European Business Organizations: the Chambre de Commerce Franco-Cambodgienne (CCFC), the British Business Association in Cambodia (BBAC) and the German Business Group, Arbeitskreis Deutsche Wirtschaft (ADW).
EuroCham was established with the objectives of promoting the interests of European businesses operating in Cambodia, facilitating the entry of European companies into the market and creating an extensive support network among corporate and individual members.
In this context, EuroCham activities include partnerships with the Government in the areas of taxation and dispute resolution, the creation of sector-specific Committees under the EuroCham umbrella and provision of a range of services to European businesses.
EuroCham's key objectives
- Consult & lobby with government on key issues related to doing business in Cambodia;
- EuroCham Cambodia Committees and staff prepare studies, working papers, initiatives and suggestions for regulations to improve government & business relations and conditions of doing business in Cambodia;
- Represent the views and interests of the business community of the Member States of the European Union in the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Endeavor to improve access for European business to the Cambodian market;
- Provide services to Members and non-Members relating to economic, legal, technical, financial, market and other business issues in the EU and Cambodia and industry specific information to investors;
- Facilitate the creation of strategic alliances between small and medium size companies of Cambodia and EU Member States;
- Promote a strong European Union business identity vis-à-vis the Cambodian business community;
- Promote strong ties with the Delegation of the European Commission, Representatives of European Member States, the Chambers of Commerce or Business Associations in Cambodia of EU member countries (that is Chambers of Commerce established in Cambodia for the promotion of the interests of companies from one of the Member States of the European Union) as well as other Business Groups and Chambers
EuroCham Cambodia was inaugurated on June 2nd 2011 with the support of three founding European Business Organizations:
While BritCham has chosen to remain independent, ADW and CCIFC have fully integrated in EuroCham, of which they are now National Chapters.
SInce 2017, EuroCham has welcomed the addition of three new Chapters: